23 August 2009

Progress











I have been unpacking boxes for two days. Progress has been made. I have two rooms in order, and in the process, destroyed the others.

Allie has found a new perch that keeps her out of the way of me unpacking boxes and getting stepped on. Mind you, she also sleeps in every chair, on the beds, and so on.

The kitchen is actually a kitchen, which is nice. Except that I have figured out that both the cooker [the oven] and the dishwasher do not work.

Kind of hard put everything away and clean the old dust off without the dishwasher. The cooker can wait. It's hot outside!

The girls and I took a break and walked into the Village for supplies and there are several hundred people out sun bathing on the Commons. Yesterday, when we walked through, a couple shared some pate' and turkey with the girls, so of course today they were looking for handouts. Had to put them back on the leads. They needed stay focused on the walk!