16 August 2009

Moving again ...


A fun fact I realized this week. I got Misty in 1999. We moved to Louisville in 2001. I bought a house and we lived in it for 6 years before we moved to the UK. [Stay with me]. We had 2 residences in Minneapolis, 2 in Louisville, and now 3 in the UK ... which means we've moved 7 times in the 10 years I've had her. We are pros.

Even pros get tired. This is my girl after 5 loads to the new place today.

Our mission this weekend was to "move the clothes". Unfortunately, the amount of clothes I own does not co-incide with the amount of closet space in a house [here]. Consequently, 2 of my 3 moves are all about maximizing the closets [read: add another clothes bar]. I'm still trying to finish that in this place.

In the meantime, the girls and I packed up the [ugly] car with "stuff" from the bedrooms and bathrooms, and moved as many of the clothes I could ... though, I had no place put them, as I am still sorting the closets.

Now for every trip that I made, the girls had to come. Allie had the front seat, and I left the floor boards in the back seat [seats were all removed] for the Misty girl. How sad is it that they are "used to this". Our moves are no different than the trips we made to the Home Depot. Having said that, over here the Home Depot is called the B&Q ... and we've made two trips this weekend.

Sigh. The movers show up on Tuesday. Dang! I want to be done!!!