18 September 2008

US Visit continued ...

I actually have photos of the bonfire. I guess I forgot and didn't load them in the last post. I'll add a few here. I do not have any pictures of the Riverboat ride I took with Dan, Diana, Brian, Katie and Sean. It was so calm and the day was so warm, it nearly rocked me to sleep. Had I had a hammock, I would have been out for sure! All-in-all, it was a beautiful summer day in Louisville.

I'll plug one more restaurant, Varanese on Frankfort. It had just opened when I was leaving town. I managed to get there twice before I left, and it is very good. The chef and owner is John Varanese. http://varanese.com/chefvaranese.php If you find yourself in Louisville, I recommend this place. He converted what was essentially a dive bar that was a converted gas station and garage.

I had the chance this week to visit with more friends. I had dinner at Jyl's house where I was the instant playmate for Carsyn who called me, "Turry". She was not really happy with me trying to talk to Jyl or Damon, or spend any time with her new baby brother, Jack!

I introduced Varanese to Martha [in from Cincy and getting ready for a trip to France], Jyl, Laura [in from Indianapolis] and Susan [in from South Florida]. I got to play games at Rhonda and Cassidy's. Mind you, I lost at Shrek Monopoly but kicked butt at Red/Yellow/Green dice [it would be red/amber/green in the UK].