08 September 2008

Kentucky is good!

I'm still tired, but the visit to the US is going well! Since Labor Day, I have been in Louisville, working from two continents with five hours time zone difference.

I have been balancing my days with the a.m. dedicated to things happening in the UK, and the afternoon and evening dedicated to getting to doctors or dentist appointments and then dinners, of course. I have been making my rounds to all of my favourite places to eat. In fact, I picked up my rental car on Tuesday and drove to Chick-Fil-A lunch. Definitely not something I can get in the UK.

Let me plug some of my favourite restaurants. Chick-Fil-A and Panera Bread Company for lunch. Check. For riverside dining, Captain's Quarters and Eva Mae's Creekside. Check. Check! I still need to visit some of haunts on Frankfort Avenue. I'll start that tonight.

Friends I have been able to see include:
  • Rhonda [former staff member]
  • Nancy & Lisa[team members from Houston ... immediately after the Astros swept the Cards. Lucky me!]
  • Leslie [friend and colleague from Denver]
  • Sandra for a second [team member from Atlanta]
  • Traci & Cheryl [critical part of the former TTCP team]
  • Sarah, James and Sophia [we got rained out from boating, so we made up by visiting the new location for Napa Valley Grill and Wick's pizza]
  • Mary Therese, Michael, Jackson and Samantha [Jackson has a very cool scar to share!]
  • Jyl, Damon, Carsyn and Jack [my first time meeting Jack, now nearly six months]

My brother, Dan, and his family [Diana, Brian, Katie and Sean] came to Louisville for the weekend. We met on Saturday night for a swim [in a very cold pool], bar-be-qued steaks and a bonfire. On Sunday, we played tourists and went to the Falls of the Ohio State Park to look for fossils, had lunch and then took a ride on the Belle of Louisville, a steam-powered river boat. It was the perfect day for it ... if I had a hammock, I would have been asleep!

I am in Louisville this week until Thursday with a more-of-the-same schedule. In fact, started today with 415am telecon. By lunch, I will have put in seven hours and I'm headed to downtown for lunch. That's it for now!