18 July 2009

Visiting Teri, Guest Blogger, Heidi




Teri is making lunch and put me in charge of her blog for the day - Heidi Danielson, a Looney friend from Minnesota. I arrived on Monday and have spent the week exploring London. Teri had to travel for work on Monday, so a car met me at the airport when I arrived and drove me to her place in Wimbledon. I reacquainted myself to the dogs and then walked up the hill to the village. As the British say, it was lovely. Teri arrived home later that night.

The rest of the week I traveled in to London with Teri each morning and explored whilest (I've adopted several new phrases here) she worked. Shopping, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Parliament & Big Ben (not to be confused with my son) and a day spent at the Victoria & Albert Museum on a day of rain and grey skies. Teri was able to take some time off work and we explored the Spittlefield Market one morning. Fun antiques and one of a kind wares.

Friday we headed to Brighton, a beach town on the southern coast of the UK. It was a day of typical British weather - cold and grey when we arrived. We found a place to stop for fish and chips for lunch while it sprinkled, but when the sun came out we saw our chance to walk down the pier and along the beach. After we turned around and began walking back we stopped to take pictures of the dark black cloud approaching. We were not able to outrun the cloud and the wind and rain hit us full force - sideways rain. We decided all we needed was a canoe and it would have been like a fall trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area from many years ago that lives on in infamy. We attempted to dry off in a pub and explored a little more of Brighton before heading back on the train.

Today we are planning to take Teri's car out and see some sights as several Tube lines are closed for the weekend. Then tomorrow I head home and Teri can get back to "normal" here.