02 February 2009

Snow falling in London!

Wow. When it snows, it snows BIG!


It started to snow late yesterday afternoon. I was at a co-worker's house last night for a Super Bowl party. The party started at 8:00 pm. The Super Bowl started at 11:30 pm. I was on my way home by 1230 am, via taxi. When I woke up this morning, we had at least 6 inches of snow on the ground. It's still snowing. The news are reporting at least 8 inches across the UK, but 12 in London.

I guess officially we've had a snow day from work, though we don't have process for that exactly. A few folks have made it in. I couldn't. I live 12 miles from the office. The buses, overland trains, and tubes were all shut down this morning. They were hoping to have some up and running by 2 o'clock this afternoon, but I'm not sure what the significance of 2 o'clock is. It hasn't stopped snowing and there isn't any place for the snow to go. This week should be fun!

The girls and I went for a walk on the Commons and took the pictures. As only big furry dogs can, they loved the snow. They ran. Rolled. Wrestled. Dug. Dove. And generally had a good time. Crazy dogs.

I took this opportunity to trek across the golf course. Nobody out playing today and no horses. Only dogs and happy people.