26 December 2008

What I did for the holidays 2008

I made it to the States for Christmas and New Year's and was able to enjoy some time to rest and enjoy family and friends. I made it back to the US on the 21st. I went to Indy first to spend some time with my friend, Laura, and shop! It's a lot easier to pack stuff across the Mid-West than it is the Atlantic Ocean. We went to see the movie, "Tale Despereaux" with her kids.
The picture on the right is my niece, Katie.
I had an interesting drive back across the mid-West with some freezing rain and generally gross weather. It was cold in the US when I arrived. ! When I left London, it was 60 degrees. When I landed in Cincy, it was just 12 degrees. It was a shock to my system! I'm not used to the cold.

The picture on the left is my nephew, Sean. All of the Dan clan Looney's and I met at Dave & Buster's one afternoon for some games and fun. The last game I played was a side-by-side video shooting game with Sean. We were in a Jeep running away from giant tarantulas, evil dragon flies, and some kind of leech that jumps after you. Nightmares.

It's amazing how much my nieces and nephews have grown since I was last here in September.
I spent four nights at my brother Mike's house. After a few days surrounded by all of the women in his life, he was desperate for some football [none was on TV] or some testosterone!

I was just excited to have access to broadband, get some serious sleep, and spend some time with Erin and Emily! Christmas morning was fun. The girls were wound up and lovin' life!

This is my movie-star niece, Emily. She looks quite the Hollywood role with her sun glasses and new cell phone.

After easing into the day, the rest of the Looney clan comes to Mike's for Christmas dinner. Not sure how he did it, but Mike's girlfriend Lynn made the meal, and it was awesome.

Erin is the oldest of the little Looney's. She's 13 and always busy.
Right before the New Year, my brother, Dan and his wife, Diana, signed on a house that they built. Diana and the kids to me to the house for a walk through. The kids were out of their heads with excitement and each showed me their new rooms. After months in an apartment, it was getting a littel crowded.

Congratulations Dan & Diana. On the left is my nephew, Brian, with his cool European hair style.

After Christmas, I made my way to Louisville. Just some quick highlights:
  • dinner party with the girls at Traci's house [where I am dancing like Traci ... pull the rope ... pull the rope]
  • bonfire and smores in the outside fireplace at Carleen and Bud's
  • stop by my house to repair a gate [yes, I have a property manager]
  • dinner with Jyl
  • lunch with Janice
  • saw a movie ["The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"]
  • dinner with Nick
  • New Year's Eve at my friend Sarah's
  • New Year's Day at the Gables's
  • introduction to the Wii with the Dinga's [my Wii Fit age is 37!]
  • and Fat Jimmy's pizza and a movie ["Bedtime Stories"] with Rhonda & Cassidy
I think it's safe to say that I miss a few things while living in the UK [Walgreen's and Target stores]. I definitely miss people [my friends and family that know me]. I miss pizza. I miss having a social life, really. Must work on that. Guess we can call that my New Year's resolution!

Happy New Year, all!