13 April 2008

Looney's Wild Kingdom

Hiya. Last Friday, 11 April, was my-friend-Heidi's birthday. This is us last year on our trip to Bermuda. Heidi was my guest for the sales awards trip. Seems like that was forever ago and it hasn't even been a year yet! The Bermuda Islands is a British overseas territory about 640 mi west-northwest of North Carolina. It is the oldest and most populous remaining British overseas territory, settled by England a century before the Acts of Union created the United Kingdom. The territory consists of approximately 138 islands with a total area of 53.3 km² (20.6 sq. mi.).

It has been a busy week of travel for me, making two trips to London and back. This week coming up, I will be making four as our US CEO is coming for a visit. On Friday, whilst I was working in my office at home, a small female fox came into the yard and then up on the porch, looking for scraps of food. At one point she was just 3 feet in front of me! I was so awestruck that I didn't think to turn around and pick up my camera. I am happy to have her around as she will fead her family any field mice or rats that are also visiting my back yard! Then as the day closed out and I went to the let the dogs outside, a Pheasant rooster took off as it had been perched on my fence. It's Looney's Wild Kingdom!