30 March 2011

Newham 10K

Okay, the other thing I did this last weekend, was run in my first 10K of the season. It wasn't my fastest time, 57:55, but I finished under an hour, which is always good! I averaged about 9 minute miles / 5.5 min kilometres.



This race is know as the Newham 10K. It's run in Stratford, which is Northeast London. I live in Southwest London; it takes me longer to get there than it does to run the race! Nearly two hours. The reason for participating in this race is because it is the sight of the 2012 Olympic Park. We ran through the Olympic Village, around the outside of Olympic Stadium ... which by the way, had the last of the turf laid yesterday, and past a few of the smaller arenas where they will play hockey, basketball, handball, etc.



I ran this last year, too, so it was nice to see the progress, and hopefully, next year, attend a few events as a spectator!