20 February 2011

Shocking Sight

Apparently, I still have a lot to learn about British culture. I certainly appreciate parts of it!

Last week, I 'nipped' out of the office with Dianne to pick up some lunch and then come back to the office. As we were returning, we saw a couple [man and a woman] crossing the road and walking towards us. The woman was quite a site and we had to muster all of our poker face skills ... look past and catch some details ... without getting caught ... like stopping dead in your tracks, drop your mouth open, and gasp!

The couple was in their mid-60s. I didn't pay to much attention to what the man was wearing, but woman had looonnnnnggggg dark black hair that hung in loose curls half-way down her front. She also had a long white scarf wrapped around her neck several times. I failed to notice that under the scarf and hair was a black leather top [Dianne caught that one]. She was wearing thick black eye liner that a raccoon would envy. She had black tights, black tight short-shorts, and ……

six inch heels, black base covered in roses!!!

'Shock' is the only word I can come up with. When I returned to the office, I shared our experience with some of my staff, and then Dianne suggested that the woman could be 'Petunia' from the public service adds about 30 years ago about Coast Guard safety. Google is my friend ...
Watch this:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/filmpage_coastguard.htm

Pam then remembered her favourite which was 'meet Dave ... learn to swim, you man!' Look at the woman in the add, ‘Come on Dave! Let’s swim’ … and she’s magically suspended in the air …

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1964to1979/filmpage_swim.htm


As Caroline is 'only 27', she couldn't remember any of them. The only thing I could come up with compares [and shared with my staff] is School House Rock.
Watch this & enjoy!
http://dai.ly/emrL0H
BFN!