01 March 2008

Puppy Update

Alright, the girls are here! What you cannot probably see in the photo in the margin is that Misty has a bloody ear and Allie is covered in mud. We went for a walk in the neighboring fields which have resident cows. On our way in, Misty came nose-to-nose with one. Seemed okay, though I did notice that these cows have horns about 5-6" long. We continued through fields and found an English wood to wander in. Misty and Allie ran like freed inmates. There was no stopping them!

Their trip over the pond was relatively uneventful. Their flight landed 30 minutes early on Thursday, so I started my journey from downtown London to pick them up about the time they landed. I took the tube to the train station, then made a half-mile walk to where I left my car, then started off for the airport. My journey took four hours and technically, I was in London the whole time!

When I picked them up, it took a few minutes for them to realize it was me, but as soon as they did, they were howling and running circles in their carriers. As soon as I was finished signing paperwork, the dock workers disappeared. I was left to disassemble the carriers, load the car and the dogs, and head out on my own. Misty got the queen's spot [of course]. I unlatched the carriers, stacked all four tops/bottoms, and lined the bottom with both beds from the carriers. Allie sat in the front seat with me.

Our trip back to Portishead was 3 hours long. They did great. We arrived and I walked them around the house and yard. And then the fell asleep. We all slept 10 hours on Thursday. Misty and Allie continued to sleep off their jet lag throughout Friday.

As I said above we did a big walk this morning. On the way out, Misty discovered that the cows will run if taunted. Luckily, there was no incident with the horns!

That's it for now. I'll post a Vegas update later. Take care!